Is Paleo Diet Good or Bad for You?

Have you ever heard of, or tried Paleo Diet before?

The word Paleo comes from "Paleolithic". It means the early phase of the stone
age. As you might have guessed, Paleo Diet, is an eating plan based on what
cavemen might have been eaten 2.5 million years ago! 

In a modern world with a variety of food options, why should we imitate what
ancient cavemen ate? Does it make us healthier, or the other way around? 

Image quoted from: https://www.fitwirr.com/health/paleo-diet-overview/

My curiosity about Paleo Diet began 5 years ago, when I found a captivating
culinary book called “Paleo - Simple, Wholesome and Delicious Recipes for
Healthy Living”. I fell in love with this idea of eating and bought it home. Every
day I browsed through it and tried different recipes, from Lemon Chicken, to
beef and eggplant stew, to dilled salmon in parchment. It sparked my joy to
cook simple, wholesome food for myself every day!



Image quoted from: https://www.amazon.com/Paleo-Wholesome-Delicious-Recipes-Healthy/dp/1640300155


A paleo diet typically includes lean meats, fish, fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds. Early humans didn’t have access to a wide range of food, so they stuck to these basic types. On the other hand, a paleo diet limits dairy products, legumes, and grains, which are common in grocery stores nowadays.  It is believed that we can prevent diseases such as obesity, diabetes, and heart diseases by limiting these modern food types.






Why am I interested in following a Paleo Diet? First of all, it draws on ancient
wisdom to help me consume more fresh produce while cutting down on processed
food. Here are a few recipes I enjoy that combine high-quality protein with greens:

creamy-butternut-italian-sausage-bake-with-kale-and-tomato-cream-sauce

Paleo Butternut Sausage Bake With Kale
Image quoted from https://www.brit.co/living/healthy-eating/one-pot-paleo-lunches-recipes/


beef-and-butternut-stew-6
Beef and Butternut Squash Stew
Image quoted from: https://www.brit.co/living/healthy-eating/one-pot-paleo-lunches-recipes/


15 Paleo Friendly Recipes

Seafood Stew


Cooking a Paleo meal is also simple. I just need to prepare one dish - a mix of vegetables and lean meat/fish - to feed one or two. I don't have to create a long shopping list or spend an hour processing ingredients. It gives me more confidence to treat myself and my friends at home.


Four Budget-Friendly Paleo Recipes

As a modern-time woman, however, I can’t resist the temptation of McDonald’s and Starbucks. I crave for popcorns in the movie theater and want to indulge myself in hamburgers on a road trip. Isn't it hard to choose between Paleo Diet and modern fast food?

Fortunately, we have many popular diets to choose from nowadays. Mediterranean, Keto, and Vegan diets are equally popular among health conscious people all over the world. It would be fun to try them out to see which one fits you best. Better yet, each of us may create our unique eating plan so that we have the best of both worlds.

Keto vs Paleo vs Keto-Paleo | Nerd fitness, Paleo diet plan

A Comparison of Paleo and Keto Diet


Will you join me to create a better meal plan for yourself, starting from today?





Comments

  1. Yes, I will. It’s Paleo-plan for next week: five days of Paleo diet and Paleo free weekend :)
    Thank you for this good idea, Kaia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear that, GreenTee! It can certainly keep us lean these days. Maybe you'd want to try the mobile fashion game I'll write about too :P.

      Delete

Post a Comment